Details of Major Charitable
concerned with the Indian Ocean Tsunami Disaster
- DEC - Disasters
Emergency Committee launches and co-ordinates the UK's National Appeal
to major disasters.
- World Food Program - the United Nations
frontline agency in the fight against global hunger.
- UNICEF - bringing humanitarian,
education, health and other support to children worldwide in times of
need or crisis.
- Medecins Sans Frontieres - Independent humanitarian
medical aid agency committed to providing medical aid and raising
awareness of the plight of peoples.
- CARE - International an independent
humanitarian organisation working to end world poverty and bringing
assistance to the needy in times of natural disaster.
- Oxfam - International organisation
that works on a broad range of issues, including trade, conflict, debt
and aid, and education.
- GOAL - International humanitarian
agency dedicated to the alleviation of suffering amongst the poorest of
- Direct Relief - International
charity focused on health, and disaster relief, highly regarded for
their efficiency and effective use of donations.
- Christian Aid - Christian Aid: works wherever
the need is greatest, irrespective of religion. It supports local
organisations, which are best placed to understand local needs.
- Islamic Relief - Islamic
Relief strives to alleviate the suffering, hunger, illiteracy
& aims to provide rapid relief in the event of man-made or
- Cafod - Catholic Agency for Overseas
Development the official overseas relief agency for the Catholic Church
in the UK.