Photographs from a walk across the Erskine Bridge over the River Clyde
Plaque on the Erskine Bridge
from the Erskine Bridge
Erskine House was built in 1828 and was formerly the residence of the Lords Blantyre.
It is constructed in Tudor syle on a wooded eminence overlooking the River Clyde.
From 1916 until after World War II it was the Princess Louise Hospital for Sailors and Soldiers.
It was known subsequently as Erskine Hospital.
It houses disabled ex-servicemen and women and is the largest ex-service hospital in the United Kingdom.
The structure is an A-grade listed building.
The grounds hold an 18-hole golf course and also an extension of the Clyde River Walkway.
Glencoe | Ben Nevis | Knoydart | Isle of Skye | Isle of Arran | The West Highland Way
The Eastern Highlands | The Central Highlands | The Southern Highlands | The NW Highlands
Hiking and Walking Tours - FREE Brochure
Climbing and Mountaineering Tours - FREE Brochure
- Car Hire | ebookers
- Hotels | ebookers