The Burrell Gallery Building
The collection was made by Sir William Burrell, a wealthy industrialist, ship owner and art collector.
It was gifted to the City of Glasgow in 1944.
Entrance to the Burrell Gallery Building
Sir William Burrell
William Burrell ( July 9, 1861 - March 29, 1958 )
was a Glaswegian shipping merchant and philanthropist.
In 1944 Burrell donated his collection of antiques
to the city of Glasgow.
Conditions included the request that the collection
should be in a rural setting.
The Burrell Collection was opened in 1983 in Pollok Country Park.
His collection of 17th century Scottish furniture
is on display in Provand's Lordship.
stained glass panel
in the Burrell Gallery
Lodge in Pollok Country Park adjacent to the Burrell Gallery
Glencoe | Ben Nevis | Knoydart | Isle of Skye | Isle of Arran | The West Highland Way
The Eastern Highlands | The Central Highlands | The Southern Highlands | The NW Highlands
Hiking and Walking Tours - FREE Brochure
Climbing and Mountaineering Tours - FREE Brochure
ebookers - Car Hire | ebookers - Hotels | ebookers - Flights